Saturday 13 February 2021

2021 Craft Plans

 While I've completely missed January, and we are now well into February, I thought I'd share my rough plans for the first part of 2021 at least.

First note is to say that while my 1818 ensemble is still in the works, Plague and lockdowns are putting September 2021 strongly into doubt as a physical meeting for me. I'm now mentally putting it as September 2022 for Plague and Other reasons. It's both sad and good - sad because it would have been fun, and good because I have longer to plan it...

So, first things first is to say that I am broadly planning to follow the Historybounding Discord's challenge for the next few months.

  1. Finish It February
  2. Mod It and Mend It March
  3. Apparel Appreciation April
  4. Myth May
  5. Pride Month June
  6. Just Use Stash July
  7. Alterations August

February 

I will either get my Regency bonnet completed, or finish off a fox toy I started sewing last summer. Probably the latter due to the lack of days in February!

March

I have a LOT of things that need mending kicking around, so I'll find something for that! And then make a start on April. 

An alternative is to act on a Very old plan to convert some of the many Hello Fresh "freezer bags" we got some years back into one or more cushions.

April 

I'm not sure here. The guidance is to just mix and match eras, so maybe I may make up my Victorian walking skirt, but pair it with some existing 50s style tops I have.

May 

For this, I plan to put into action the research I did for the Foundations Revealed competition, that then had to be shelved due to health reasons. I plan to make a sarafan (and possibly the rest of the outfit) for Vasilissa the Wise and/or Snegurochka.

This is one month where I will need to start work well in advance of May, due to the need to purchase supplies.

June 

I, currently at least, have no idea how to "make it gay". Maybe I'll make something in the Ace colours? I am neither a rainbow nor a pink person, so the traditional Gay or Bi pride flags won't work for me...

Asexual Pride Flag - Black - Grey - White - Purple
Source: Wikipedia.

July 

I have stash, I can use those! Maybe using some of the buckram stash to make another hat?

August

Alterations could be a great thing, especially if we're able to travel by then and I can gather some of my old clothes from my parents...

No comments:

Post a Comment