Tuesday 6 April 2021

April craft plan

 April rough craft plan, plus What I Did In March. I admit to cheating slightly this month. I had my dose#1 of the vaccine, which completely knocked me flat for a while, so I allowed myself to skitter into the Easter weekend. However, life proved to be uninterested in letting me follow my original plans! I was ill, again (this is getting to be a very exasperating theme!), and I have had to face up to the fact that I am just not going to complete March's challenge. 

I have instead completed a major chunk of the rework of our spare room this month, so instead of feeling down about the March challenge, I am going to feel good about that! 

Other positive achievement this month is that my main Discord server has agreed to select it's own monthly challenges. I'll probably be following those more from April onwards instead of the ones set out at the beginning of the year.

April plans

Completed (spare room)

  • Cleared the floor
  • Moved the bedframe
  • Filled at least a dozen bin bags and 3-4 bags of paper goods for recycling as well.
  • Hoovered the floors and won the fight against cobwebs, and general ick
  • Steam cleaned the windows and sills
  • Removed damp marks from one part of the wall
  • Taken down the old dirty curtains and nets - to be washed tomorrow
I also completed (with spouse's essential assistance), a first draft of my "boob mould". This is intended to be a rough mould of my breast cup shape, to help with adjusting the cups on my Regency stays

Carried over

  1. HelloFresh cushions
    Make a cushion out of junk fabric and the ex freezer bags from HF
  2. May challenge
    Order fabric
    Start plotting out the patterns for 2 sarafans
  3. April challenge suggestions
    Breast Cut out skirt pattern for April
    Cut out mock-up shirtwaist for April
    "Breast block" for my 1830s/Regency stays 
  4. Reading
    Left-handed Booksellers of London / Garth Nix
No pic tax as they photos are on my phone, and I'm not. I plan to share more as a general before/after post once the whole room is done.

April Plans

Non-Challenge

Back Room
  • Wash curtains and nets
  • Measure window for new blind
  • Steam and then scrub other bit of wall that has damp marks from lack of airing
  • Steam clean front of radiator
  • Move remaining boxes
  • More hoovering!
  • Destruct old wardrobe that is not needed in that room - it's not in good enough condition to move out of the room, unfortunately.
  • Build IKEA furniture
  • Move PC and start organising craft stuff into the big Kallax

Reading 
  • Left-handed Booksellers of London
  • Blood of Elves (Witcher) - need to return to library soon
Crafting - Boob mould (a second attempt) with better separation. Last try had a mono which is no use for sizing cups!

Challenge inspiration: Apparel Appreciation OR Adapt and Alter

  1. Fan skirt
  2. Shirtwaist / blouse
  3. Regency bonnet
  4. Regency/1830s stays - wear under modern clothes

    Draft Plans for 2021 forwards

    1. Hats
      1. Regency
      2. 1890s/Edwardian
    2. Fan-skirt
      1. Wool blend
      2. 100% wool
    3. Stays
      1. Breast cups work - adaptation from D cup to my more copious HH/J cup size
      2. Mock-up
        Because needed for Regency dress mock-up
      3. Buy wooden busk
      4. Final version
    4. Edwardian blouse / shirtwaist
      1. Mock up
      2. Final
    5. 1818 Dress
      1. Petticoat
      2. Mock-up
      3. Final
      4. Decoration
    6. American Duchess cape, but with a hood
    7. 1890s men's three piece suit
    8. 1830s men's three piece suit
    9. 1950s dress(es)
    10. Circle skirt
    11. Princess Charlotte's Russian Dress
    12. Cycling shorts (modern, padded)
    13. Cycling trousers (historical, to accommodate modern underneath)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment